It is so much easier to look out there and demand that the government produce a vaccine to eradicate the infectious disease of the moment. Looking within to what is in dis-ease and doing the health practices that will bring the cells of the body back into harmony requires honoring the body as a temple. But when you do that first, you will find yourself spreading “infectious ease” to your fellow humans, instead of hysteria.
Dr. Toni Galardi
At the beginning of this year, everyone was so relieved that 2019 was over and what a different year this would be. Not wanting to come on like the Queen of Doomsday, I merely have urged more time to going within as we began to encounter this line up never before seen of Jupiter, Saturn, and Pluto all in Capricorn.
I spoke of the restructuring that our society was going through and would continue to go through. Further, I shared that with Uranus in Taurus, there would also be financial restructuring. Although Capricorn rules society, please remember that it also rules the career/or soul purpose domain.
This virus taking hold as it did in a big way in February under the Mercury retrograde in Pisces is not surprising. Pisces rules the immune system. Under Mercury Retrogrades, we are called to go inside and develop a deeper relationship with our soul. As most people do not do this willingly, the global soul in co-parnership with Gaia, our earth mother to do it for us. I listened yesterday to a recently produced Ted talk given by Alanna Shaikh, expert from The World Health Organization. At the end of her talk, she shares the link between what we have done to our forests and undeveloped lands that are a part of why this virus exists. She describes how the virus has these spokes that allow it to pierce the RNA of the cell.
As someone who views life through symbology, i couldn’t help but think that this description of the virus seems to have been created by dear Pachamamma to defend herself from more human invasion. I wrote a book called The LifeQuake Phenomenon that was published 10 years ago and about to be republished with updates information on the neuroscience of change and resilience. My subtitle then was about how to thrive in times of personal and global upheaval. The major thesis of this book is to get people to wake up before outmoded lives have to go through devastating experiences. I linked that to the world stage. This mild pandemic is a huge wake up call for all of us.
Some branding expert on facebook was suggesting to her followers that while we are all being forced to stay at home, to use it as a time to indulge yourself in comfort food, showing loaves of baked bread she had made. She further urged everyone to make it ok to put on a few pounds. She made a case for self care as actually meaning self indulgence … what we already do so well in this country as a response to feeling un- comfortable. God forbid we should feel uncomfortable and hear intuitive messages for real self care that require the C word – no, I don’t mean cancer … change!
This brings me to the medieval cult hero for his prescient predictions in the 16th century, Michel Nostradamus. Nostradamus was a bit of a James Dean kind of rebel of the medical community. He attended medical school but the school was closed a year later due to the effects of the plague on the town of Avignon where he was being schooled. He then went on a journey, spending 8 years traveling through France, Spain and Italy gathering herbal remedies. Through becoming an apothecary, he helped save many people with his remedies, one famous one being a pink pill he made from rose hips which of course has Vitamin C in it. What many people dont know about Michel Nostradamus was that he understood that the Black plague could be remediated by basic hygiene and administering his rose pills. He knew it was the host not the bacterium itself that had to be made stronger. When he attempted to come back to medical school, the administration threw him out because at that time, herbalists ( apothecaries) were seen as inferior to physicians and they refused to allow his knowledge to have influence in their establishment.
His predictions around events that he saw would happen to the Court got the attention of Queen Catherine De Medici when several of them came true. He became quite the celebrity of his time. Nostradamus’ sun sign was Capricorn. Cut to our current “pandemic”. Chinese physicians began a wide spread study in February on the efficacy of intravenous Vitamin C ( about 20 grams) to people in the throws of the latest corona virus. Integrative medicine doctors I know here have seen its efficacy with acute lung diseases and flu.
It has been said that the virus will die down as the warm weather emerges but will come back in the late Fall to winter when the weather turns cold and damp again. Interesting synchronicity is that although Saturn will briefly go into Aquarius soon ( the ruler of humanity and groups), we will see the line up of Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto again in Capricorn with Mars in retrograde (rules the adrenals) and Mercury in retrograde squaring this line up in Capricorn. Could be a challenging time.
The key is preparation. Another pandemic is not fated if we learn to use our natural resources and our bodies respectfully. What is happening is that we are restructuring our workplace now to accomodate this semi-quarantine for the next few weeks. More people will be working from home who work for companies. It is also expanding our concept of tribe beyond the American borders, thanks to the internet. As conferences are being cancelled left and right, webinars and web conferences are proliferating. Even my personal trainer is making videos because she will be at home with her children for the next three weeks with school being cancelled.
It is my deepest prayer that innovations are made for strengthening the immune system and that this word gets out as a stronger solution than Big Pharma producing vaccines.
Astrology Tips for Your Work Week
1) Monday the moon is void until 12:30 PM EST, 5:30 PM Greenwich Time. Monday may be slower getting into for all of us.
2) Mercury made a brief dash into Aquarius in retrograde to get us all coming together as a species to sequester for the good of all. However, as of Monday, it goes back into Pisces. We are being called to go deep into our intuition and dreams until April 10th when it goes into fiery, warrior like, adrenal on steroids, Aries.
3) The moon will be out of bounds beginning on Monday at 9:15 PM March 16th until 4:52 PM on March 17th. This from astrologer Jim Schultz:”It has been almost 9 years, April 21, 2011, since the Moon last went out-of-bounds. The Moon is at 6 Capricorn 23 as She takes Her first tentative steps out-of-bounds in almost nine years. From this point onward, for the next nine years, the Moon will go out-of-bounds twice each month, once north and once south. The Sabian Symbol for this degree is “A veiled prophet speaks, seized by the power of the Divine.” What insight might we gain from this symbol? The Moon will be out-of-bounds for almost 20 hours. Be sure to “listen” for messages from the-Universe. These messages may be auditory, visual, or you may feel them. Be open to all sources. With the Moon being south out-of-bounds, they may have to do with or come from someone from your past. Note your dreams, insights and all sensations tonight.
My take on this is that if we do not give our feminine side its time away from the world in the other world of Yin for this next 9 year cycle, we may not survive as a species.
4) The moon is in its waning phase so waiting until March 24th to make big decisions will prove to be very efficacious.
5) Saturn goes void of its course for 53 hours beginning at around 5:00 PM Thursday eve which only happens every 2.5 years approximately. Saturn void-of-course? Saturn is about maintaining control, obeying the rules and following instructions. When He is void-of-course there may be a greater tendency to take chances, to skip steps or just see how much one can get away with. Don’t! Once Saturn enters Aquarius reality will set in and you will regret any skipped steps or other transgressions.
6) Along with Saturn void, the moon will also be void all day Friday. Yes, it is the Spring Equinox but it may not feel like Spring until the new moon in Aries late on Monday night March 23.
In summary, give yourself permission for inner work this week. Journal, listen to podcasts, release old traumas with a skilled therapist. This is what Mercury in Pisces is calling for, and speaking of calling, it is the time to avail yourself of what is calling you now. Discovering your next soul purpose requires nurturing the inner soil and understanding your soul contract for 2020 and beyond.
Yes, we are living in a time that is teaching us great resilience and honoring of our feminine essence. For your sake and the world’s…
With great love and affection,